If you don’t do funeral planning BEFORE there’s a death in the family, sticker shock may set in when you start making funeral arrangements. This week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV focuses on the costs of funerals and memorial services and the different ways to pay, either in advance or at-need.
Jeff Harbeson, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Funeral Finance LLC, is the special guest interviewed on this show. Their website is MyFuneralFinance.com. He provides great information on topics such as:
- The Funeral Rule established by the Federal Trade Commission to protect consumers.
- The price list cost breakdown that funeral homes are required to provide to consumers.
- What options exist for a family to pay for a funeral.
- Advice for ordinary consumers who find themselves in a financial quandary when there’s a death in the family.
- How to be prepared financially to manage funeral costs.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, the time slots are Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program airs Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
This episode also features a tour through an infographic from Funeralwise.com about the many choices to consider about options for paying for funerals: insurance (pre-need, final expense or whole life insurance?), cash on hand, credit cards, or borrowing money. These choices are discussed in-depth during this program.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.” Upcoming topics include:
- Financial Issues with Steve Margulin, CPA, CFP, starting June 4
- Medicaid and More with Medicaid expert Teresa Civello, starting June 11
- End-of-Life Issues with Mindi Horwitch, LISW, starting June 18
- Grief Counseling with Dr. Diane Polasky, OMD, MA, MH, starting June 25
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set at a 20% discount! The series will retail for $49.97. Place your pre-production order today for only $39.97 plus shipping. A free copy of the book A Good Goodbye will be sent right away to those who place advance orders. CLICK HERE to order.