Gail Rubin, CT, is an unconventional death educator who’s available for speaking engagements. She’ll “knock ‘em dead” with her enthusiastic approach to getting the conversation started on life and death issues using humor and funny films, just as she did at TEDxABQ.
Her talks are appropriate for a wide range of audiences and settings, including conferences and conventions for funeral directors and social workers, for hospices and hospitals, at colleges and businesses.
Her title is The Doyenne of Death®. A doyenne is a woman who’s considered senior in a group who knows a lot about a particular subject. Gail makes learning about end-of-life issues enjoyable and entertaining. Sponsors can reach the thousands of baby boomers and seniors who enjoy her talks every year.
Download a list of talk topics here. Call Gail at 505.265.7215 to discuss the possibilities!
Check out her TEDx talk in this video.
Gail has spoken at national and state conventions for:
- The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association
- The National Funeral Directors and Morticians Association
- The Association for Death Education and Counseling
- Selected Independent Funeral Homes
- The Texas Funeral Directors Association and their North Texas regional association meeting
- The Ohio Cemetery Association
- The New Hampshire Funeral Directors Association
- The Alabama Funeral Directors Association
- The Funeral Consumers Alliance at both the national and state level
- The American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
- The American Psychosocial Oncology Society
- The California Hospice and Palliative Care Association
Gail has also spoken at colleges, numerous community groups and churches, synagogues, and Jewish Community Centers. She can discuss traditions for funerals in many religions and cultures as well as the practical aspects of funeral planning that many families don’t think about until faced with a death in the family.
With a license to show films to the public as part of educational talks, Gail can also legally conduct funeral home Movie Night events for upbeat community outreach and education efforts. Call Gail at 505.265.7215 for more information.
Fun Talk Titles…
- Kicking the Bucket List: Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die
- A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die
- Estate Planning: Hollywood Myths Versus Facts
- The Funeral Director on Film
- Jewish Funeral Traditions (with or without film clips)
- Answers to Your Burning Questions on Cremations
- The Newly-Dead Game®
- We Can Do That? New Trends in Death Care
- Lessons on Grief and Mourning in Cartoons
Funny Films to Start Serious Conversations…
- Laughing in the Face of Death: Funny Films for Funeral Planning
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust in Your Face: Cremation, Comedy and Creativity
- The Many Faces of Grief: Mourning in the Movies
- Movies, Medicine and Mortality
- “Doctor, How Long Do I Have?”
- The Funeral Director on Film
- Lessons from Six Feet Under
- Jewish Funeral Traditions on Film
- A Fractured, Funny History of Funerals on Film
- Movie Night at the Funeral Home – full length feature films and discussion