The funeral service vehicles on display at the expo for the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA) are always a treat to tour. The automotive companies show hearses, family cars, removal vehicles, flower cars, and even party vans.
In this video, Gail Rubin, CT, talks with Nathan Hurst, National Sales Manager for Eagle Coach Company and Federal Coach Company. They examine elements of Federal’s top-of-the-line Echelon Limited funeral coach (a.k.a. a hearse) based on a 2017 Cadillac XTS.
Among the things you’ll learn:
- The original Cadillac vehicle is cut in half and modified to make it into a hearse.
- This vehicle is built on a heavy-duty chassis provided by Cadillac with steel reinforcements.
- It combines fiberglass and steel for strength, reducing overall weight, and minimizing rust.
- Where the spare tire is stored in this hearse.
- The thoughtful details that make it easier for funeral directors and pall bearers to do their jobs during a funeral service.