In this talk to the Jardineros de Placitas, a women’s club in Placitas, a lovely little village north of Albuquerque, you’ll learn:
- Why people hesitate to consider or discuss end-of-life issues
- How humor helps break down resistance to anxiety-provoking topics like death and funeral planning
- What will happen to your stuff if you don’t have a will
- The status of physician aid-in-dying in New Mexico
- Fun facts about cremation, green burial and body donation
- How Gail Rubin came to attend a biker funeral and a memorial service in a bowling alley bar
Gail Rubin is a Certified Thanatologist (a death educator), a Certified Funeral Celebrant, and host/author of the award-winning book and TV series, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die. She also hosts an Internet radio program of the same name at FuneralRadio.com.
One attendee said, “My husband and I really enjoyed your talk. He told me he thought it was the best presentation we have seen at Jardineros this year. We appreciated your use of humor. It make learning more fun and seems to make new information sink in better.”
To arrange to have Gail Rubin as a speaker at your next event, contact her at 505.265.7215.