“Everything You Wanted to Know About Funerals ** But Were Afraid to Ask” was the title of this talk to the University of New Mexico Retirees Association. I covered topics such as:
- Why most people avoid talking about funeral planning
- What it’s like to talk with a funeral director when there’s no death imminent
- Why the cremation rate in the U.S. has skyrocketed over the past five years
- How to “green” your final arrangements
- What funerals cost these days – and how to pay for this major expense
- A short comparison of Christian, Jewish and Muslim funeral traditions
- Q&A with the audience
This talk does not use funny film clips as I have done in other presentations. For more information on talks such as “Funny Films for Serious Funeral Planning Conversations,” “Ashes to Ashes, Dust in Your Face: Cremation, Comedy and Creativity,” “Doctor, How Long Do I Have?” and “Jewish Funeral Traditions on Film,” visit this page at AGoodGoodbye.com.
This recording is one hour and seven minutes long.