Today you have quite a variety of choices in mass-manufactured and handmade urns and jewelry. For American-made products, there are handmade ceramic urns, wooden urns, copper urns, biodegradable urns, urn-like jewelry, glass jewelry and keepsakes that incorporate ashes.
Handcrafted memorial pieces are as close to the human touch as you can get. They will let you honor your loved one in a one of-a-kind vessel that is not only a resting place for the remains, but is also unique piece of art that celebrates the life of your loved one.
- A companion urn can accommodate the cremated remains of two people (e.g. husband and wife).
- Individual size can hold the ashes of one person. The Cremation Association of North America (CANA) has created an industry standard of 200 cubic inches, which equals about 6.8 pints.
- Sharing urns allow several family members to retain a portion of the ashes and the ashes are split up into several smaller sized urns.
- Keepsake cremation urns are sized to hold only a small portion of cremation ashes up to 15 cubic inches (about one cup of dry weight). These are often used when the majority of an individual’s remains are put in a final resting place, to keep a portion of the ashes close to home or given out for scattering.
- Cremation jewelry urns are tiny. This size is specially designed jewelry that has an inner chamber to hold a tiny portion of cremation ashes as a memento.
- If you have lost your pet, a personalized pet urn is the way to go.
Families who are not necessarily interested in a traditional urn have another option for cremated remains: cremation keepsakes. Handcrafted cremation glass keepsakes are specially ordered glass ornaments or stones that incorporate cremated remains. Everyone’s cremated ashes are different and unique like fingerprints, and the color and texture of the keepsake is never known until the finished product is created.
ARTISURN is an online marketplace of handcrafted cremation urns, jewelry and keepsakes made by US artisans. You will not only get to select a one-of-a-kind memorial piece and help to support the US-based artisan and artist community, but you will also help a charity. Part of ARTISURN’s sales proceeds goes to People’s Resource Center. To see all the options, visit www.artisurn.com.
The site offers easy browsing and shopping experience on any device, even your phone.
ARTISURN‘s handcrafted cremation urns, jewelry and keepsakes offer a final gift of healing – a chance to give your loved ones beauty from ashes.