How a Frozen Dead Guy Spawned Coffin Races, Polar Plunges and The Newly-Dead Game®
In 1989, 30 years ago, the body of Bredo Morstol traveled from Norway to the U.S., eventually coming to rest in Nederland, CO, where his grandson planned to operate a cryonics lab. Though the facility never opened, “Grandpa” Bredo remains famously frozen — surrounded by dry ice in a storage shed. People from around the globe come to celebrate his “on ice” existence during the wild and wacky Frozen Dead Guy Days festival. More than 25,000 attended in 2018.
Funeral authority Gail Rubin, CT, The Doyenne of Death®, returns to this annual event March 8-10, 2019. For radio shows and TV news programs, she can warm your listeners’ and viewers’ hearts with offbeat stories about this surprisingly lively festival.
- What cryonics is and how Grandpa ended up in the tiny mountain town of Nederland.
- How a hearse parade, coffin races, frozen turkey bowling, three tents of music, and Grandpa look-alike contests make Frozen Dead Guy Days come alive.
- The Newly-Dead Game® that tests how well life partners know each other’s last wishes, and the introduction of the Individuals Edition so everyone can play! More information here: https://agoodgoodbye.com/frozen-dead-guy-days/introducing-the-newly-dead-game-individuals-edition/
Film Showings and Games!
The Newly-Dead Game will be played four times over the weekend in Unit 108 on the first floor at the Caribou Shopping Center, 20 Lakeview Drive, Nederland. This is also where you can see showings of Robin Beeck’s 25-minute documentary masterpiece, “Grandpa’s in the TUFF Shed.” It’s showing every 30 minutes on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Don’t miss this chance to laugh and learn about how the Frozen Dead Guy Days festival got started!
Here’s the schedule for both editions of The Newly-Dead Game:
- Saturday, 1:00 p.m. – Couples Edition
- Saturday, 5:00 p.m. – Individuals Edition
- Sunday, 12:00 p.m. – Individuals Edition
- Sunday, 4:00 p.m. – Couples Edition
These sponsors make the film showings and The Newly-Dead Game at Frozen Dead Guy Days possible: AquamationInfo.com, Seven Stones Botanical Garden Cemetery, and Passages International. For more information about The Newly-Dead Game and to purchase both editions for $24.97, visit this page at www.AGoodGoodbye.com.
CREDENTIALS: Gail Rubin, Certified Thanatologist, is a pioneering death educator who uses humor, funny film clips, and outside the box activities to get people to plan for their 100% mortality rate. She the author of the award-winning books A GOOD GOODBYE: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die and Kicking the Bucket List: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die. Gail has appeared nationally on RT America, Gaia TV, WGN-TV and on affiliates of ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, and NPR. Albuquerque Business First named her one of their 2019 Women of Influence.
AVAILABILITY: Albuquerque/Nederland/Denver, nationwide by arrangement and via telephone. Available on short notice.
CONTACT: Gail Rubin, Cell: (505) 363-7514 (NM); [email protected]; www.AGoodGoodbye.com