Gail Rubin presents “Laughing in the Face of Death: Funny Films for Funeral Planning” at Congregation Beth Ami, 14330 Travilah Rd, Rockville, Maryland, on Tuesday, September 6 at 7:30 p.m. It’s a special evening event, part of their “Live and Learn” series.
The comedy film clip-illustrated talk covers:
- Why we need to plan ahead, but most people don’t.
- The information that needs to be found found and decisions made under duress of grief.
- Options for paying for a funeral or cremation and current costs.
- Comparing cremation, burial and donating the body to science (and Jewish insights).
- The importance of having a goodbye ritual.
Gail Rubin, CT, is an award-winning speaker, death educator and author who uses humor to help people address end-of-life issues, such as advance medical directives, wills and trusts, and pre-need funeral planning. Learn more about Gail.