October 16: CEU Presentation – Checking Out?

Sep 21, 2015 | 0 comments

What About BobChecking Out? is an upbeat continuing education credit presentation for counselors, therapists and social workers on professional and personal planning for the inevitable – end-of-life.

As fans of Monty Python know, “nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!” And very few people plan to die. While humans have a 100% mortality rate, less than 30% of us do any end-of-life planning. That leaves more than 70% unprepared and devastated not IF but WHEN someone dies – and patients of counselors and therapists are especially devastated.

When these professionals suffer a temporary or permanent disappearance, what happens to their patients, family and friends – especially if they haven’t planned ahead? This three-hour CEU presentation provides a framework for professional practice management and personal preparation for life’s only inevitability (besides taxes).

Dr. Emily Driver Moore and Gail Rubin, CT, will use humorous film clips, real life stories and plenty of Q & A time to help you make the most of this finite lifetime and prepare your practice and family for the time when you check out. Film clips will include scenes from The Mary Tyler Moore Show‘s famous “Chuckles Bites the Dust” episode, The Six Wives of Henry Lefay, All That Jazz, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Waking Ned Devine, What About Bob? and other videos.

What you will learn:

  • Preparing a Professional Will
  • Choosing an Executor for your Practice
  • Preparing a list and developing a plan for overcoming barriers
  • What documentation you will need

FRIDAY OCTOBER 16, 2015 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Albuquerque Special Collections Library, Botts Hall
423 Central Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM

CEUs available from NMC&TPB for Counselors, Therapists, and Social Workers.

$45 for SWBHIPA members, $50 for non members.
After October 1, 2015 registration is $60 for all.Register online at http://planforinevitable.blogspot.com/
Email PlanForInevitable@gmail.com or call Lisa Johnson (505) 288-2162 for more information.

If minimum number of registrations are not met by October 1, 2015 your registration fee will be fully refunded.
No refunds for participant cancellation after October 9, 2015; prior to October 9th a $10 admin fee will be charged.
A Good Goodbye