We don’t see too many funeral homes and cemeteries using edgy clever ads. These are a refreshing exception!
The historic Congressional Cemetery in Southeast Washington, D.C. has come out with a host of funny ads to promote more plot sales. It’s the final resting place for notable politicians and ordinary city residents. Love their tag line, “Congressional Cemetery – for presidents and residents alike.”
As featured on the Connecting Directors blog, check out these ad headlines:
- join the District’s oldest underground community
- long-term stays, free after first night
- Where do you see yourself in 100 years?
- the last word in overnight hospitality: no checkout time
- 55,000 residents and not a single complaint
- Term Limit on Capitol Hill? eternity
- lie with the best of them without running for office
- You don’t have to be rich or famous to be buried in Congressional Cemetery. You just have to be dead.
Congressional Cemetery offers a unique window into American history. As the premier burial ground for 19th Century Washington, Congressional Cemetery began collecting an assembly of prominent civic leaders, architects, military officers, and men of commerce. In time came the leaders of civil rights movements, explorers of the world, artists, and diplomats. This collection of outstanding individuals allows us to tell the American story from an untold number of aspects and makes Congressional Cemetery a unique historic place ~ making its preservation and restoration efforts all the more important.
And they have goats coming to graze in the graveyard to trim the grass on August 7! Learn more at their website.