The second annual Before I Die New Mexico Festival is just 10 days away! News coverage is starting to appear. Watch today’s interview about the Festival on KRQE-TV:
I’m especially looking forward to the Dia de los Muertos party in a cemetery on October 31. We’ll be serving beer and wine that features the muerto artwork of Sean Wells on the labels. Other events to consider:
- Four Death Cafes at different times of the day October 30 to November 2 in ABQ.
- Seven speakers/panel discussion events in Santa Fe October 30 and November 1 at the Berardinelli McGee Life Event Center.
- Fascinating field trips to cemeteries, crematoria, the Office of the Medical Investigator, the casket making workshop of Fathers Building Futures, and the headquarters of green burial product provider Passages International.
- An obituary writing/life celebration planning workshop, with a reading of the Robert Benjamin short play, Ultimate Precision.
- A Yoga for grief class, Millennial Morticians with ABQ Brews, and much more!
Don’t miss the daylong symposium at UNM Continuing Education, held in association with Osher Lifelong Learning Institute. Register for the event on Saturday, November 3 here.
Want to go right to the Festival registration page? Click here for the secure shopping cart page. Remember that you can register to enter a drawing for a pair of burial plots at La Puerta Natural Burial Ground and other prizes at each event you attend.
You can download the Whova app to carry the latest schedule with you on your smart phone. Log in with this password: newmexico. Navigate each date through the tabs at the top.