Pet loss and ways to memorialize a pet are covered in this episode of A Good Goodbye TV, now available on The Family Plot Channel on YouTube. The guests interviewed are pet loss grief counselor Ann Beyke and Vaughn Hendren with Best Friends Pet Cremation Services and Best Friends Forever cemetery.
This episode also features the pet loss resources available at Funeralwise.com. This site has information on euthanasia decisions, pet funerals, pet loss and children, and a host of online resources and links.
The discussion in this episode on pet loss includes topics such as:
- How sadness over the death of a pet is often minimized, resulting in disenfranchised grief.
- The differing emotional reactions to human and pet deaths.
- Ways to decide when it’s time to put a pet down.
- How to tell when someone is recovering from their grief over a loss.
- Ways to handle the disposition of pet remains.
- How memorializing a pet can help heal grief over pet loss.
This interview is found on DVD 2, Trending Topics: Green Funerals, Life Celebrations and Pet Loss, on the four-DVD set of all the interviews in the series, A Good Goodbye TV. The DVD set is available for $24.99 plus shipping at this web page.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die presents an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 25-minute programs. This award-winning show features expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin, CT, brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book of the same name, the TV interviews cover information most folks don’t know about until faced with a death in the family. By planning ahead and having a conversation families can reduce stress at a time of grief, minimize family conflict, save money, and create a meaningful, memorable good goodbye.
Each episode provides valuable insights into funeral planning issues. From pre-need planning to grief counseling, financial issues to the latest trends in death care, these interviews offer eye-opening insights into the party no one wants to plan.
The anchor sponsor for the series is the FRENCH Family of Companies. They include FRENCH Funerals & Cremations; FRENCH Advance Planning; Sunset Memorial Park; Best Friends Pet Services; Best Friends Forever Pet Cemetery and Cremation Society of New Mexico (CSNM). FRENCH is the recipient of the National Funeral Directors Association’s 2012 Pursuit of Excellence® Award and a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes. Their website is www.FrenchFunerals.com.
Other sponsors include (in alphabetical order):
- Compassion and Choices (www.CompassionandChoices.org)
- Blue Eagle Metaphysical Emporium (www.BlueEagleMetaphysical.com)
- Funeralwise.com (www.Funeralwise.com)
- Katzman Monument Company (www.KatzmanMonument.com)
- Steven P. Margulin CPA CFP® (www.TrustSteven.com)
- MedCure whole body donation (www.MedCure.org)
- Morris, Hall & Kinghorn estate planning attorneys (www.MorrisTrust.com)
- The Old Pine Box (www.TheOldPineBox.com)
- Passages International (www.PassagesInternational.com)
- Dr. Diane Polasky, Center for Holistic Health (www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com)
The four-DVD set of 12 interviews, from pre-need planning to grief counseling, is $24.99 plus shipping. Place your order for A Good Goodbye TV on DVD today! CLICK HERE to order.