You can learn a wealth of money-saving tips on this episode of A Good Goodbye TV. Teresa Civello, Medicaid Trust Expert, is interviewed about different ways families can save money on funeral planning. The episode is now available on YouTube.
By pre-planning and pre-paying funeral arrangements, that money is not counted when assets are examined for Medicaid qualification. The money is placed in an irrevocable prepaid trust. It can only be spent on the funeral plans that are pre-arranged before the person dies.
Other ways to save money discussed on this episode of A Good Goodbye TV include:
- Veteran’s benefits for burial in a national cemetery.
- Free cremation by donating the body to science.
- Conducting a home funeral or burial.
- Shopping at several funeral homes before there’s a death.
This episode is available on DVD 4: Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better, part of the 4-DVD set of A Good Goodbye TV interviews.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die presents an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 25-minute programs. This award-winning show features expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin, CT, brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book of the same name, the TV interviews cover information most folks don’t know about until faced with a death in the family. By planning ahead and having a conversation, families can reduce stress at a time of grief, minimize family conflict, save money, and create a meaningful, memorable good goodbye.
Each episode provides valuable insights into funeral planning issues. From pre-need planning to grief counseling, financial issues to the latest trends in death care, these interviews offer eye-opening insights into the party no one wants to plan. Click for more information about the series.
The four-DVD set of 12 interviews is $24.99 plus shipping. Place your order for A Good Goodbye TV on DVD today!
The anchor sponsor for the series is the FRENCH Family of Companies. They include FRENCH Funerals-Cremations; FRENCH Advance Planning; Sunset Memorial Park; Best Friends Pet Services; Best Friends Forever Pet Cemetery and Cremation Society of New Mexico (CSNM). FRENCH is the recipient of the National Funeral Directors Association’s 2012 Pursuit of Excellence® Award and a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes. Their website is www.FrenchFunerals.com.
Other sponsors include (in alphabetical order):
- Compassion and Choices (www.CompassionandChoices.org)
- Blue Eagle Metaphysical Emporium (www.BlueEagleMetaphysical.com)
- Funeral Finance, LLC (www.MyFuneralFinance.com)
- Funeralwise.com (www.Funeralwise.com)
- Katzman Monument Company (www.KatzmanMonument.com)
- Steven P. Margulin CPA CFP® (www.TrustSteven.com)
- MedCure whole body donation (www.MedCure.org)
- Morris, Hall & Kinghorn estate planning attorneys (www.MorrisTrust.com)
- The Old Pine Box (www.TheOldPineBox.com)
- Passages International (www.PassagesInternational.com)
- Dr. Diane Polasky, Center for Holistic Health (www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com)
Place your order today for A Good Goodbye TV today! CLICK HERE to order.