Grief can affect us physically in many different ways. This episode of A Good Goodbye TV, now available on YouTube, features Dr. Diane Polasky, a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and certified death educator, discussing what individuals can do to recognize and embrace the grieving process.
In this 25-minute conversation with host Gail Rubin, CT, she explains:
- The differences between grief over anticipated death versus traumatic deaths
- What parts of the body are especially affected by grief
- The role ritual plays in processing grief
- Why children should be allowed to attend funerals
- How we can make the most of living by recognizing we will die
Dr. Diane Polasky holds BA degrees in Psychology and Religion (University of Michigan, 1974), MA degrees in Psychology (West Georgia College,1975) and Herbology (Emerson College, 1984), and a Doctorate in Oriental Medicine (Southwest Acupuncture College, 1988.) Trained extensively since 1978, she became licensed in New Mexico as a Doctor of Oriental Medicine in 1987 and gained Extended Prescriptive Authority licensure in 1999. Her website is www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com.
She also holds diplomate status with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and the American Academy of Pain Management (DAAPM) and is Board certified by the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress for both traumatic stress and pain management (BCETS, BCPM.)
Dr. Polasky has been certified in therapeutic massage, Integrative Primary Care medicine, natural childbirth education interactive guided imagery (AGI) and as a hospice worker. She is also a certified Death Educator and Grief Counselor (CDE, Southwestern College) and a trainer in Education for Physicians on End-of-Life Care (EPEC), a program developed by the AMA.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die presents an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 25-minute programs. This award-winning show features expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.” This episode is available on DVD 4: Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better, part of the 4-DVD set of A Good Goodbye TV interviews.
Host Gail Rubin, CT, brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book of the same name, the TV interviews cover information most folks don’t know about until faced with a death in the family. By planning ahead and having a conversation, families can reduce stress at a time of grief, minimize family conflict, save money, and create a meaningful, memorable good goodbye.
Each episode provides valuable insights into funeral planning issues. From pre-need planning to grief counseling, financial issues to the latest trends in death care, these interviews offer eye-opening insights into the party no one wants to plan. Click for more information about the series.
The four-DVD set of 12 interviews is $49.97 plus shipping. Place your order for A Good Goodbye TV on DVD today!
The anchor sponsor for the series is the FRENCH Family of Companies. They include FRENCH Funerals-Cremations; FRENCH Advance Planning; Sunset Memorial Park; Best Friends Pet Services; Best Friends Forever Pet Cemetery and Cremation Society of New Mexico (CSNM). FRENCH is the recipient of the National Funeral Directors Association’s 2012 Pursuit of Excellence® Award and a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes. Their website is www.FrenchFunerals.com.
Other sponsors include (in alphabetical order):
- Compassion and Choices (www.CompassionandChoices.org)
- Blue Eagle Metaphysical Emporium (www.BlueEagleMetaphysical.com)
- Funeral Finance, LLC (www.MyFuneralFinance.com)
- Funeralwise.com (www.Funeralwise.com)
- Katzman Monument Company (www.KatzmanMonument.com)
- Steven P. Margulin CPA CFP® (www.TrustSteven.com)
- MedCure whole body donation (www.MedCure.org)
- Morris, Hall & Kinghorn estate planning attorneys (www.MorrisTrust.com)
- The Old Pine Box (www.TheOldPineBox.com)
- Passages International (www.PassagesInternational.com)
- Dr. Diane Polasky, Center for Holistic Health (www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com)
Place your order today for A Good Goodbye TV today! CLICK HERE to order.