As many as 75% of adults avoid funeral planning. And about the same percentage of adults avoid estate planning. That’s bad news for the survivors of people who die without a will.
This episode of A Good Goodbye TV, now available on The Family Plot Channel on YouTube, focuses on the legal and financial issues that every adult needs to address BEFORE there’s a death in the family.
Attorney Jim Plitz with Morris Hall, PLLC, an estate planning law firm with offices in Arizona and New Mexico, is the special guest interviewed on this show. Among the questions discussed:
- Who needs to do estate planning?
- What happens when you die with no plans in place?
- What is probate and why do people want to avoid it?
- What “stuff” is part of estate planning?
- Are advance directives and living wills part of estate planning?
- What is a trust and who needs to set one up?
- What should people do at a minimum to put their affairs in order?
This interview can be found on DVD 3, Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals, on the four-DVD set of all the interviews in the TV series. The DVD set is available for $24.99 plus shipping at this web page.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die presents an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 25-minute programs. This award-winning show features expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin, CT, brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book of the same name, the TV interviews cover information most folks don’t know about until faced with a death in the family. By planning ahead and having a conversation, families can reduce stress at a time of grief, minimize family conflict, save money, and create a meaningful, memorable good goodbye.
Each episode provides valuable insights into funeral planning issues. From pre-need planning to grief counseling, financial issues to the latest trends in death care, these interviews offer eye-opening insights into the party no one wants to plan.
The anchor sponsor for the series is the FRENCH Family of Companies. They include FRENCH Funerals & Cremations; FRENCH Advance Planning; Sunset Memorial Park; Best Friends Pet Services; Best Friends Forever Pet Cemetery and Cremation Society of New Mexico (CSNM). FRENCH is the recipient of the National Funeral Directors Association’s 2012 Pursuit of Excellence® Award and a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes. Their website is www.FrenchFunerals.com.
Other sponsors include (in alphabetical order):
- Compassion and Choices (www.CompassionandChoices.org)
- Blue Eagle Metaphysical Emporium (www.BlueEagleMetaphysical.com)
- Funeralwise.com (www.Funeralwise.com)
- Katzman Monument Company (www.KatzmanMonument.com)
- Steven P. Margulin CPA CFP® (www.TrustSteven.com)
- MedCure whole body donation (www.MedCure.org)
- Morris Hall, PLLC, estate planning attorneys (www.MorrisTrust.com)
- The Old Pine Box (www.TheOldPineBox.com)
- Passages International (www.PassagesInternational.com)
- Dr. Diane Polasky, Center for Holistic Health (www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com)
The four-DVD set of 12 interviews, from pre-need planning to grief counseling, is $24.99 plus shipping. Place your order for A Good Goodbye TV on DVD today! CLICK HERE to order.