A Good Goodbye TV took second place in the Television Talk Show category. The educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 25-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go” won first place in the New Mexico Press Women Communications Contest before going on to national competition.
The annual NFPW Communications Contest encourages and rewards excellence in communication in a wide range of categories, with entries judged by leaders in their fields of expertise. NFPW contest winners are honored at the annual NFPW Communications Contest Awards Banquet at the organization’s annual convention in the fall.
Host Gail Rubin, CT, brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family. By planning ahead and having a conversation, families can reduce stress at a time of grief, minimize family conflict, save money and create a meaningful, memorable “good goodbye.”
“This is a television series that every family needs to watch and I’m so glad the National Federation of Press Women recognized the quality and value of the show,” said Rubin, a Certified Thanatologist and a Certified Funeral Celebrant. “Each conversation illustrates my motto: Talking about sex won’t make you pregnant, and talking about funerals won’t make you dead.”
A Good Goodbye TV show interviews are grouped by topic onto four DVDs:
DVD 1: Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning
- The Benefits of Pre-Planning: Barbara Stewart and Mark Ballard, FRENCH Funerals-Cremations
- Cremation and Memorial Services: Tom Antram and Buck Dyck, FRENCH Funerals-Cremations
- Cemetery Questions and Answers: Chris Keller and Vaughn Hendren, Sunset Memorial Park
DVD 2: Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green
- Going Green: Darren Crouch, Passages International
- Life Celebrations: Paul Layer, FRENCH Funerals-Cremations, Samara Rivett, Celebrant
- Pet Loss: Ann Beyke, Pet Loss Counselor, Vaughn Hendren, Best Friends Forever
DVD 3: Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals
- Estate Planning: Jim Plitz, Morris, Hall & Kinghorn
- Cost Management: Jeff Harbeson, Funeral Finance LLC
- Financial Issues: Steven P. Margulin, CPA, CFP
DVD 4: Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better
- Medicaid and More: Teresa Civello, Medicaid Trust Expert
- End-of-Life Issues: Mindi Horwitch, LISW
- Grief Counseling: Dr. Diane Polasky, DOM
The anchor sponsor of the series is the FRENCH Family of Companies: FRENCH Funerals-Cremations, FRENCH Advance Planning, Sunset Memorial Park, Best Friends Pet Services, Best Friends Forever Pet Cemetery and Cremation Society of New Mexico (CSNM). For more information on the DVD series, visit https://agoodgoodbye.com/radio-tv/a-good-goodbye-tv-series/.
# # #
ABOUT GAIL RUBIN
Gail Rubin, CT, The Doyenne of Death®, is author and host of the award-winning book and TV show A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die (www.AGoodGoodbye.com). A popular speaker who uses humor and films to get the funeral planning conversation started, she’s also a Certified Thanatologist (a death educator) and Funeral Celebrant. Rubin is a member of the Association for Death Education and Counseling and the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association. She’s President of the Jewish-Christian Dialogue of New Mexico, helping to start conversations across religions. She is well versed in Jewish funeral and burial traditions.
Contact: Gail Rubin PH: 505-265-7215