Grief can affect us physically in many different ways. How this happens and what individuals can do to help the grieving process is featured on this week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV, “Grief Counseling.”
Dr. Diane Polasky, a Doctor of Oriental Medicine and certified death educator, is our expert guest. On this program, she clearly explains:
- The differences between grief over anticipated death versus traumatic deaths
- What parts of the body are especially affected by grief
- The role ritual plays in processing grief
- Why children should be allowed to attend funerals
- How we can make the most of living by recognizing we will die
Dr. Diane Polasky holds BA degrees in Psychology and Religion (University of Michigan, 1974), MA degrees in Psychology (West Georgia College,1975) and Herbology (Emerson College, 1984), and a Doctorate in Oriental Medicine (Southwest Acupuncture College, 1988.) Trained extensively since 1978, she became licensed in New Mexico as a Doctor of Oriental Medicine in 1987 and gained Extended Prescriptive Authority licensure in 1999.
She also holds diplomate status with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and the American Academy of Pain Management (DAAPM) and is Board certified by the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress for both traumatic stress and pain management (BCETS, BCPM.)
Dr. Polasky has been certified in therapeutic massage, Integrative Primary Care medicine, natural childbirth education interactive guided imagery (AGI) and as a hospice worker.
She is also a certified Death Educator and Grief Counselor (CDE, Southwestern College) and a trainer in Education for Physicians on End-of-Life Care (EPEC), a program developed by the AMA.
Her website is www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, the time slots are Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program airs Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set and get a free copy of the book A Good Goodbye! Episodes are currently being finalized. Place your pre-production order today for only $39.97 plus shipping. A book will be sent right away to those who place advance orders. CLICK HERE to order.