Pet loss and ways to memorialize a pet are covered in this week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV.
This episode also features the pet loss resources available at Funeralwise.com. This site has information on euthanasia decisions, pet funerals, pet loss and children, and a host of online resources and links.
The discussion in this episode on pet loss includes topics such as:
- How sadness over the death of a pet is often minimized, resulting in disenfranchised grief.
- The differing emotional reactions to human and pet deaths.
- Ways to decide when it’s time to put a pet down.
- How to tell when someone is recovering from their grief over a loss.
- Ways to handle the disposition of pet remains.
- How memorializing a pet can help heal grief over pet loss.
A Good Goodbye TV is currently airing only on Comcast Cable in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where the program originated.
Once all 12 episodes have aired in Albuquerque, the series will become available on DVDs and roll out to the 2,700 public access channels nationwide.
Here’s a quick look at the start of this episode on pet loss issues.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, the time slots are currently Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program airs Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The 12 programs are available in a set of four DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews are grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
Order for the four-DVD set for $49.97. A copy of the book A Good Goodbye is available at half price ($11) for those who buy the DVD set. CLICK HERE to order.