Death and Taxes! Financial planning for your Golden Years can save a lot of pain, time and lost income. Yet, even with the best laid plans, a host of tasks await the executor of an estate.
This week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV focuses on the intricacies of financial planning, especially when it regards death and taxes.
Steven P. Margulin, CPA, CFP® and Life Coach, is the special guest interviewed on this show. His website is www.TrustSteven.com. During this interview he covers topics such as:
- Income tax issues people should be aware of in the year of death.
- The many different financial elements that need to be tackled after a death in the family.
- How to start spending money accumulated after a lifetime of saving and investing.
- Ways to smooth out financial bumps in the road later in life.
- What people need to know about death and taxes.
Steve Margulin CPA, CFP® is a certified instructor with the Financial Educators Network and teaches Retirement Planning Today® seminars in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. His teaching manner is informative, approachable, and entertaining. He intersperses his seminar material with interesting real-life examples from his more than 20 years of experience in the field. He is also a Trusted Advisor and Life Coach.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, the time slots are Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program airs Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.” Upcoming topics include:
- Medicaid and More with Medicaid expert Teresa Civello, starting June 11
- End-of-Life Issues with Mindi Horwitch, LISW, starting June 18
- Grief Counseling with Dr. Diane Polasky, OMD, MA, MH, starting June 25
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set at a 20% discount! The series will retail for $49.97. Place your pre-production order today for only $39.97 plus shipping. A free copy of the book A Good Goodbye will be sent right away to those who place advance orders. CLICK HERE to order.