Even with the best laid plans, a host of tasks await the executor of an estate. Along with funeral planning, effective financial planning helps reduce stress, minimize conflict and save money.
This week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV focuses on the intricacies of financial planning, especially when it regards death and taxes. Steven P. Margulin, CPA, CFP® and Life Coach, is the special guest interviewed on this show.
During this interview he covers topics such as:
- Income tax issues people should be aware of in the year of death.
- The many different financial elements that need to be tackled after a death in the family.
- How to start spending money accumulated after a lifetime of saving and investing.
- Ways to smooth out financial bumps in the road later in life.
- What people need to know about death and taxes.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode of A Good Goodbye is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, you can see this episode starting on Mondays at 2:00 p.m. and Sundays at 3:30 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program also airs Wednesdays at 11:30 p.m. and Sundays at 5:30 p.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
Steve Margulin CPA, CFP® is a certified instructor with the Financial Educators Network and teaches Retirement Planning Today® seminars in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. His teaching manner is informative, approachable, and entertaining. He intersperses his seminar material with interesting real-life examples from his more than 20 years of experience in the field. He is also a Trusted Advisor and Life Coach. His website is www.TrustSteven.com.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A Good Goodbye TV sponsors include: FRENCH Funerals-Cremations, Compassion and Choices, Katzman Monument Company, the estate planning law firm of Morris, Hall & Kinghorn, artistic urns by Shine on Brightly, and the website Funeralwise.com.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set for only $39.97 plus shipping. A free copy of the book A Good Goodbye will be sent right away to those who place advance orders. CLICK HERE to order.