Before you get to funeral planning, it’s vital to do estate planning. This week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV focuses on the legal and financial issues that every adult needs to address BEFORE there’s a death in the family.
Jim Plitz with Morris, Hall & Kinghorn, an estate planning law firm with offices in Arizona and New Mexico, is the special guest interviewed on this show. He provides great information on topics such as:
- Who needs to do estate planning?
- What happens when you die with no plans in place?
- What is probate and why do people want to avoid it?
- What “stuff” is part of estate planning?
- Are advance directives and living wills part of estate planning?
- What is a trust and who needs to set one up?
- What should people do at a minimum to put their affairs in order?
Jim graduated magna cum laude and at the top of his class with his Juris Doctorate from the Phoenix School of Law, and attained the 2nd highest score on the February 2011 Arizona bar exam. He then passed the July 2011 bar exam in New Mexico. During school, he also enjoyed great success and honors as part of the Phoenix Law Review – both as an editor and a contributing writer.
Jim worked as an intern at MHK during his time at the Phoenix School of Law. Upon his completion, he was welcomed into the firm as one of the estate planning attorneys. Jim has enjoyed his tenure with Morris, Hall & Kinghorn; helping in their endeavors to protect the estates of each client, providing them with the peace of mind they deserve.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, the time slots are Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program airs Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.” Upcoming topics include:
- Cost Management with Jeff Harbeson, Funeral Finance LLC, starting May 28
- Financial Issues with Steve Margulin, CPA, CFP, starting June 4
- Medicaid and More with Medicaid expert Teresa Civello, starting June 11
- End-of-Life Issues with Mindi Horwitch, LISW, starting June 18
- Grief Counseling with Dr. Diane Polasky, OMD, MA, MH, starting June 25
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your order for the four-DVD set for $49.97 and get a copy of the award-winning book A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die at half price. CLICK HERE to order.