Every year, traditional funerals use enough metal to build a Golden Gate Bridge and enough cement to construct a highway from New York to Detroit. This Earth Day, learn about greening your funeral planning and making arrangements… if you happen to be in New Mexico later this week.
Speaker Gail Rubin uses humor to bring light to a dark subject. She writes The Family Plot Blog: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die (http://TheFamilyPlot.wordpress.com) and the forthcoming book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die. Included is a showing of the short film Carpet Kingdom, a comedic look at funeral planning gone awry.
Among the topics to be covered:
* What green burial is – and isn’t
* How to get a green burial with a conventional funeral home
* How green burial can save the family budget
* Using cremation as a green alternative
* What death care can be done at home – and where it can’t
* A new eco-friendly process that turns bodies into a harmless liquid
* How to win hundreds of dollars in a “Death and Taxes” sweepstakes!
Earth Day Talk on Green Burial
Thursday, April 22, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. – FREE!
Blue Eagle Metaphysical Emporium, 2422 Juan Tabo Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM Phone: 505-298-3682
Hope to see you there!