Wednesday, October 25, the sixth and final day of the Before I Die ABQ Festival features a panel discussion “What You Need to Know Before You Go: Financial Issues,” a presentation “Money and Taxes Around an Uncertain Life Expectancy,” and a closing celebration with a funny funeral film and beer.
Noon to 1:00 p.m. – Panel discussion on “What You Need to Know Before You Go: Financial Issues” at the Horn Family YMCA, 4901 Indian School Road NE, in the downstairs Technology & Teen Center. Speakers include attorney Jim Plitz with the Morris Hall estate planning law firm, Steve Margulin, CFP®, CMA, ChFC, PFS, and CPA, with Retirement Extender®, and Tracy Ahr, attorney with Lasting Legacy, estate and trust services for New Mexico families. A potluck lunch is included in this free event.
1:30 to 2:30 p.m. – “Money and Taxes Around an Uncertain Life Expectancy” presentation by Steve Margulin, CFP®, CMA, ChFC, PFS, and CPA, with Retirement Extender® at the Horn Family YMCA, 4901 Indian School Road NE, in the downstairs Technology & Teen Center. Free event.
7:00 p.m. – Closing celebration with a movie and beer at Rio Bravo Brewery, 1912 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque. Vote for your preferred film by commenting in the event registration checkout page. Which one is it? The Loved One, Bernie, Get Low, or Elizabethtown. Vote your choice in the comment box below. Free event (buy your own beer).
Use this map to find all festival events:
The Before I Die ABQ Festival is made possible by these sponsors:
- A Good Goodbye, funeral planning for those who don’t plan to die;
- French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque’s largest and oldest family-owned funeral service company;
- The Neptune Society, America’s most trusted cremation service;
- Lasting Legacy, Inc., providing estate and trust services to New Mexico families;
- Express Legal Solutions, LLC, offering “documents you need at a price you can afford;”
- Retirement Extender®, a team of specialists making the most of your finances;
- Morris Hall, PLLC, a premier estate planning law firm;
- LifeIZShort.com, practical guides for dealing with the inevitable by Peter Callan;
- The Old Pine Box, specializing in pine and cedar coffins and caskets, and specialty urns;
- My Final Checklist, a master file for personal information;
- Zia Trust, Inc., serving clients in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and 38 other states;
- 1-800-AUTOPSY, a thanatology specialty service company.