March 15 to 17 in Santa Fe, check out Transitioning Artfully: Approaching the Intersection of Art and Death. It’s a three-day event celebrating life, art, and transitions into death. Hosted by Berardinelli Family Funeral Service, Transitioning Artfully features an art show of cremation urns, movies, discussions in Death Cafés, talks, and tour of the crematory. It provides a safe and happy festival atmosphere to learn, reflect, explore and be inspired to discuss death.
All events are free and take place at:
Berardinelli-McGee Life Event Center, 1320 Luisa St, Santa Fe, New Mexico
Thursday, March 15th
- 5:30-9:00 pm: Urn Gallery opening
- 6:30-7:30 pm: Talk by Gail Rubin, “Answers to your burning questions about cremation”
- 7:30-8:00 pm: Questions and answer session with Gail Rubin and Berardinelli staff, followed by book signing with Gail Rubin
In “Answers to Your Burning Questions About Cremation,” Gail talks about the fastest growing disposition method in the U.S. Watching funny and serious film clips, learn about what you need to know about cremation before there’s a death in the family, including choices to make and disposition options for cremated remains.
Friday, March 16th
- 10:00 am-6:00 pm: Urn Gallery open
- 10:00 am: Death Cafe facilitated by Gail Rubin, CT
- 12:30 pm: Free movie: “Departures” a Japanese ﬁlm with subtitles
- 3:00 pm: Guided tour of Berardinelli’s cremation facilities
Saturday, March 17th
- 10:00 am-5:00 pm: Urn Gallery open
- 10:00 am: Death Cafe facilitated by Margo Chamberlain
- 12:30 pm: Free movie “Undertaking Betty”
- 3:30 pm: Artist panel discussion, “On Creating Sacred Receptacles”
About Gail Rubin
Gail Rubin, CT, is a pioneering death educator who uses humor and funny films to teach about end-of-life topics. An award-winning speaker, she “knocked ’em dead” at TEDxABQ in 2015. She’s the author of three books on end-of-life issues: A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, Hail and Farewell: Cremation Ceremonies, Templates and Tips, and KICKING THE BUCKET LIST: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die. She’s also an informed advocate for planning ahead, a Certified Funeral Celebrant, and the coordinator of the Before I Die ABQ Festival.
Download a free 50-point Executor’s Checklist from her website, www.AGoodGoodbye.com.