If you’re in the Houston area, mark your calendar for the evening of October 2 to attend Gail Rubin’s presentation, “Laughing in the Face of Death: Funny Films for Funeral Planning.” This upbeat, film clip-illustrated talk is sponsored by Texas-based Avanti Senior Living.
Even though humans have a 100% mortality rate, less than 30% of adults address end-of-life issues – such as wills, trusts and pre-need funeral planning – before kicking the bucket. That leaves 70% of our loved ones scrambling to get information and make expensive and, often, complicated decisions while in the midst of grief. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Join pioneering death educator, Gail Rubin, CT, for a humorous and highly-informative look at these important topics at “Laughing in the Face of Death: Funny Films for Funeral Planning.” Ms. Rubin will use funny film clips and anecdotes to break the ice, begin the conversation and help you make these important decisions while you’re still alive and kickin’.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Woodlands United Methodist Church, 2200 Lake Woodlands Drive, The Woodlands, Texas
TICKETS: $10. All proceeds will be donated to a local non-profit organization. Purchase tickets here.
Visit this webpage or call (979) 922-5751 to learn more about the event.
Listen to this Houston MONEY MATTERS radio interview/podcast with host Christopher Hensly interviewing Gail Rubin on why we avoid the topic of death and what we can do to improve end-of-life planning rates so everyone can have a good goodbye.
About Gail Rubin:
Gail Rubin, CT, is a pioneering death educator who uses humor and funny films to teach about end-of-life topics. An award-winning speaker, she “knocked ’em dead” at TEDxABQ in 2015. She’s the author of three books on end-of-life issues: A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, Hail and Farewell: Cremation Ceremonies, Templates and Tips, and Kicking the Bucket List: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die.
She’s also an informed advocate for planning ahead, a Certified Funeral Celebrant, and the coordinator of the Before I Die New Mexico Festival. Visit www.AGoodGoodbye.com for more information about Ms. Rubin and to download a free 50-point Executor’s Checklist.
About Avanti Senior Living
Avanti Senior Living is a Texas-based, privately-held and woman-led company that creates top tier 62+ communities that empower people to live their best lives. Avanti currently has communities in Cypress, Flower Mound, Shenandoah and Spring, Texas, and in Covington, Louisiana. For more info on Avanti Senior Living, visit www.avanti-sl.com.