Estate planning, wills, trusts, beneficiaries: this week’s episode of A Good Goodbye TV focuses on the legal and financial issues that every adult needs to address BEFORE there’s a death in the family. You don’t have to be a millionaire to need estate planning.
Jim Plitz with Morris, Hall & Kinghorn, an estate planning law firm with offices in Arizona and New Mexico, is the special guest interviewed on this show. He provides great information on topics such as:
- Who needs to do estate planning?
- What happens when you die with no plans in place?
- What is probate and why do people want to avoid it?
- What “stuff” is part of estate planning?
- Are advance directives and living wills part of estate planning?
- What is a trust and who needs to set one up?
- What should people do at a minimum to put their affairs in order?
You can learn more about these topics, plus a discussion of pet trusts, in another interview with Jim Plitz on A Good Goodbye Internet radio, recorded July 24, 3013. This program was sponsored by the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys. Download this and other podcasts through this link to AGoodGoodbye.com.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode of A Good Goodbye is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, you can see this episode starting on Mondays at 2:00 p.m. and Sundays at 3:30 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program also airs Wednesdays at 11:30 p.m. and Sundays at 5:30 p.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 12-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A Good Goodbye TV sponsors include: FRENCH Funerals-Cremations, Compassion and Choices, Katzman Monument Company, the estate planning law firm of Morris, Hall & Kinghorn, artistic urns by Shine on Brightly, and the website Funeralwise.com.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss grief and disposition choices, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set for only $39.97 plus shipping. A free copy of the book A Good Goodbye will be sent right away to those who place advance orders. CLICK HERE to order.