The cremation rate in the United States – the percentage of the population that chooses cremation – has climbed from 15% in 1985, to 31% in 2007, to 42% in 2012. The Cremation Association of North America (CANA) will release their next annual report in early August. It’s predicted numbers will continue to climb.
A Good Goodbye TV looks at cremation issues starting this Monday, July 22 at 2:00 p.m. The discussion includes why the cremation rate in the U.S. has climbed to a national average of 42%, what actually happens in the process of cremation, and options for what to do with cremated remains.
The guests interviewed are Tom Antram, CEO, and Buck Dyck, location manager, both with FRENCH Funerals and Cremations. Also featured on the program are artistic urns, cremation art and jewelry from Shine On Brightly.
A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die is currently airing on Albuquerque’s Comcast cable system on the uPUBLIC.tv Channels 26 and 27. Each episode is scheduled as follows:
- On Channel 26, the program airs Mondays at 2:00 p.m. and Sundays at 3:30 p.m.
- On Channel 27, the program airs Wednesdays at 11:30 p.m. and Sundays at 5:30 p.m.
- Episodes will also appear on both channels in additional unscheduled repeats.
A Good Goodbye TV is an educational and entertaining 14-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, the television program covers information most people don’t know about until faced with a death in the family.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The first 12 programs will become a set of DVDs with three interviews per disc. A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning – Preneed funeral planning, cremation, cemetery Q&A
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green – Pet loss and disposition, life celebrations and celebrants, green burial and eco-friendly funerals
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals – estate planning, financial planning, cost management
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better – Medicaid and more, advance directives, grief counseling
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set today and a free copy of the book A Good Goodbye will be sent to you right away. Place your pre-production order today for only $39.97 plus shipping. CLICK HERE to order.