Got questions about funeral planning or cremation, but uncomfortable going to a funeral home before you “have to”? Watch this panel discussion with New Mexico funeral directors fielding your queries on everything related to undertaking. Topics included alkaline hydrolysis, rental caskets, how to get a free cremation, national cemetery burial for veterans and spouses, and much more!
This panel discussion, the first event in the inaugural Before I Die ABQ Festival, took place at Albuquerque Oasis and was recorded October 20, 2017. The funeral director panel participants, seated left to right, are:
- Terence Shotkoski, Managing Partner, Berardinelli Funeral Home, Santa Fe, NM (www.BerardinelliFuneralHome.com)
- Jonathan “Buck” Dyck, Location Managing Director, French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque, NM (www.FrenchFunerals.com)
- David Slaten, Funeral Director, The Neptune Society, Albuquerque, NM (www.neptunesociety.com/location/albuquerque-cremation)
- Panel moderator: Gail Rubin, Certified Thanatologist, speaker, author, and coordinator of the Before I Die ABQ Festival (www.AGoodGoodbye.com)
The discussion lasted for one hour and twenty minutes.
Many thanks to the sponsors of the Before I Die ABQ Festival:
- A Good Goodbye, funeral planning for those who don’t plan to die;
- French Funerals & Cremations, Albuquerque’s largest and oldest family-owned funeral service company;
- The Neptune Society, America’s most trusted cremation service;
- Lasting Legacy, Inc., providing Estate and Trust services to New Mexico families;
- Express Legal Solutions, LLC, documents you need at a price you can afford;
- Retirement Extender®, a team of specialists making the most of your finances;
- Morris Hall, PLLC, a premier estate planning law firm;
- LifeIZShort.com, publishers of practical guides for dealing with the inevitable by Peter Callan;
- The Old Pine Box, specializing in pine and cedar coffins and caskets, and specialty urns;
- My Final Checklist, a master file for personal information;
- Zia Trust, Inc., serving clients in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and 38 other states;
- 1-800-AUTOPSY, a thanatology specialty service company.