Next Workshop Date TBD
Need some motivation to sit down and get those funeral plans sketched out? Come join Gail Rubin, Certified Thanatologist (death educator) and The Doyenne of Death®, for a fun-filled afternoon creating a “good goodbye” plan.
Most people aren’t comfortable with their mortality – only 25% of us do any end-of-life planning, such as advance medical directives and pre-need funeral planning – even though humans have a 100% mortality rate. That leaves 75% of us unprepared and devastated, not IF but WHEN there’s a death in the family. Don’t be like that.
The Laughing and Learning workshop will give you the tools and the inspiration to take practical steps for outlining your funeral plans/memorial celebration, drafting your own obituary and famous last words, and preparing advance medical directives. Funny film clips, supportive conversations and take-home printed materials are included in this workshop.
Attendees will participate in Death Café-inspired discussions, tackle a quick first draft obit with the help of provided questions, and receive their own copy of The Five Wishes form. You will laugh in the face of death and learn what you need to know BEFORE someone goes and dies.
The workshop package includes these bonuses:
- A copy of the award-winning book, A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die (a $21.95 value)
- A copy of the award-winning A Good Goodbye television series on a 4-DVD set (a $49.97 value).
- Hail and Farewell: Cremation Ceremonies, Templates and Tips (a $10.00 value)
- The Family Plot File electronic data resource for managing contact information (a $29.97 value)
- The Five Wishes form for recording your advance medical directives
- A planning notebook for your vital information
- The Newly-Dead Game®, a fun way to start the funeral planning conversation where couples are quizzed on how well they know each other’s last wishes, like on the old TV show, “The Newlywed Game” (a $24.95 value)
These fun workshops are $247 plus NM Gross Receipts Tax. Sign up today to take action and get those plans made!
Yes! I want to get organized and make some good goodbye plans! Add to Cart
Got questions? Call Gail Rubin at 505.265.7215.