The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) recently posted a Frequently Asked Questions page on shipping bodies internationally. If you’ve ever wondered what you need to know this is a great page to visit.
It provides concrete answers to these questions:
- What documents are needed to send to another country?
- What documents and procedures are needed to ship a body on an airline?
- What is the Known Shipper Program?
- Must I be a Known Shipper with each airline?
- What is needed to ship cremated remains?
- May I ship created remains through the mail?
- What do I do if I need documents translated?
- I need to speak to a funeral home in the destination country and they do not speak English, what should I do?
- What do I do if the body exceeds the airline weight limit?
- Is there a place to locate a countries embassy/consulate?
- I can not get in touch with the consulate, what should I do?
- What is an apostille?
Check it out if you have questions about shipping bodies or cremated remains!