Mark your calendar to tune in to KNKT-FM 107.1 on Friday, June 2 at 1:00 p.m. MDT to hear a conversation with death educator Gail Rubin on the station’s Albuquerque Marketplace program. Host Peter Benson will talk with Gail about practical funeral planning tips such as:
1. The five things you must know NOW about anyone for whom you might plan a funeral.
2. What funerals and cremations cost in Albuquerque.
3. Why you need to shop BEFORE you drop.
4. How to cover the costs involved when you’re not there to pay up (i.e. you’re dead).
5. Why it’s important to have some kind of remembering ritual to honor a death: lessons learned from Gail’s “30 Funerals in 30 Days” project.
KNKT is a resource of Calvary Albuquerque, a radio station that presents solid Bible teaching and modern worship. The radio station can be heard in the Albuquerque area at 107.1 FM. Listen online here.
Gail Rubin, CT, is a pioneering death educator who uses humor and funny films to teach about end-of-life topics. An award-winning speaker, she “knocked ’em dead” at TEDxABQ in 2015. She’s the author of three books on end-of-life issues: A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, Hail and Farewell: Cremation Ceremonies, Templates and Tips, and KICKING THE BUCKET LIST: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die. She’s also an informed advocate for planning ahead, a Certified Funeral Celebrant, and a funeral trade press journalist, among other roles. Download a free 50-point Executor’s Checklist from her website, www.AGoodGoodbye.com.