Look for fresh Family Plot Blog posts on funeral customs of all major religions and of population groups from around the world!
The International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA) holds its summer University in Memphis, Tennessee July 22 through 27, 2016. Thanks to a scholarship from Regions Bank, Gail Rubin is enrolled in the International Studies program, covering religious and cultural influences on funeral observations.
The session titles include:
- Chinese Funeral Practices and Customs
- Hispanic Culture of Death and Dying in Mexico
- Hindu Funeral Beliefs
- Vietnamese Funerals & Traditions
- Filipino Funeral Customs
- Capturing the Hispanic Market
- Korean Traditions, Customs and Practices
- Jewish Funeral and Burial
- Muslim Funeral Traditions
- Roman Catholic Funeral Rites
- Funeral Traditions in Cambodian Buddhist Culture
- Mormon Beliefs on Death & Burial
- African-American Funeral Traditions
- Services for Military Veterans
The ICCFA University is open to employees of all cemeteries, funeral homes, crematories, supplier companies and related businesses. The University is comprised of the College of 21st Century Services, the College of Cremation Services, the College of Funeral Home Management, the College of Land Management & Grounds Operations, the College of International Studies, the College of Leadership, Administration & Management, and the J. Asher Neel College of Sales & Marketing. The programs provide continuing education credits. More information at ICCFA’s website.