Got questions about funeral planning, advance medical directives, cremation, and other end-of-life issues? Get your questions answered by listening live this Saturday afternoon, February 25 to the Jeffrey Candelaria Radio Show on Talk Radio 770 KKOB AM, 94.5 FM. Listen live online!
Gail Rubin, CT, The Doyenne of Death®, will be his guest in the studio from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. You can join the conversation live by calling the studio line at 505-243-3333.
Gail Rubin is a pioneering death educator who uses humor and funny films to teach about end-of-life topics. An award-winning speaker, she “knocked ’em dead” at TEDxABQ in 2015.
She’s the author of three books on end-of-life issues: A Good Goodbye: Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die, Hail and Farewell: Cremation Ceremonies, Templates and Tips, and KICKING THE BUCKET LIST: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die.
She’s also an informed advocate for planning ahead, a Certified Funeral Celebrant, and a funeral trade press journalist, among other roles.
Among the questions to be discussed:
- What is a Certified Thanatologist? What is a doyenne?
- Why are people hesitant to discuss death, end-of-life issues or funeral planning?
- When is the best time to have a conversation about funeral planning?
- What tools are there to discuss end-of-life wishes?
- How are you bringing the conversation to people who might not otherwise consider this topic?
- What are the five things you must know NOW about anyone for whom you might have to plan a funeral?
- What do funerals cost these days?
- What are some of the new trends in death care?
Gail will also talk about her upcoming trip to Colorado to participate in the Frozen Dead Guy Days Festival in Nederland, Colorado. Tune in to News Radio KKOB 770 AM or 94.5 FM!