One of my tips from KICKING THE BUCKET LIST: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die was included in this article “Move Over Spring Cleaning, Time for Fall Declutter” on the website StoredBy.com.
The story includes these great ideas and tips about benefits of downsizing in the fall:
- Seasonal shifts inspire change and productivity.
- Get ready for the holidays and “gift hiding.”
- You can focus on cleaning areas you don’t usually pay attention to.
- As you change out seasonal clothing, it’s a perfect opportunity to downsize those items you no longer wear or fit into.
- Pull out and clean behind/under large appliances.
- Pare down the summer stuff before storing objects you won’t need or use next year.
And here is my contribution to the story:
Stage Your Home
“You don’t have to actually sell your home to reap the benefits of staging your home for sale. Pretend you’re going to sell your home and move. It helps you emotionally detach from your stuff. For a fee, a home stager will help you reduce your clutter, re-arrange the furniture, and spruce the place up. You may find you enjoy living in your “new” home so much, you don’t need to move!”
This was tip #85 from KICKING THE BUCKET LIST: 100 Downsizing and Organizing Things to Do Before You Die. And there are more than 100 other great ideas, plus the Executor Checklist to help inspire and inform your downsizing undertaking! Get the paperback book for $15.95 from Amazon.com, AGoodGoodbye.com, or the publisher, Rio Grande Books.