A Good Goodbye (Funeral Planning for Those Who Don’t Plan to Die) is becoming a television series! A Good Goodbye TV presents an educational and entertaining 13-episode series of 30-minute programs with expert interviews on “everything you need to know before you go.”
Host Gail Rubin brings a light touch to a serious subject. Like her award-winning book of the same name the TV interviews will cover a lot of information most folks don’t know about until faced with a death in the family. By planning ahead and having a conversation families can:
- reduce stress at a time of grief
- minimize family conflict
- save money and
- create a meaningful and memorable good goodbye.
This program will initially air on Comcast cable public access channels in Albuquerque (available in more than 100,000 homes). Starting the week of April 8, 2013, the air days and times are:
- On Channel 27 - Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. and Sundays at 9:00 a.m.
- On Channel 26 - SUBJECT TO CHANGES - Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m.
The series will also enjoy additional free repeats known as “freepeats.” The program will then be introduced along the Rio Grande corridor from Santa Fe to Las Cruces.
Here’s a five-minute sneak peek at the episode on pet loss:
After debuting in New Mexico A Good Goodbye TV will go national. More than 2,700 content-hungry public access channels across the country will have the opportunity to carry the program.
DVD sets and online videos will appear after the program begins airing April 2013. Pay-per-view online downloads with 10-minute YouTube teasers will become available in the following months.
A GOOD GOODBYE DVD SET SPECIAL OFFER
The series will also become a 4-DVD set with three interviews per disc. The first 12 programs will become available in either a four-DVD set or on single discs that include three episodes.
A Good Goodbye TV interviews will be grouped by content onto four DVDs with three episodes each:
- DVD 1 Over My Dead Body: Essentials of Funeral Planning
- DVD 2 Trending Topics: Pets, Funeral Parties and Going Green
- DVD 3 Death and Taxes: A Primer on Finances and Funerals
- DVD 4 Good Grief! Save Money, Live and Die Better
SPECIAL OFFER: Place your advance order for the four-DVD set at a 20% discount! The series will retail for $49.97. Place your pre-production order today for only $39.97 plus shipping. A free copy of the book A Good Goodbye will be sent right away to those who place advance orders. CLICK HERE to order.
A Good Goodbye TV offers a great avenue for appropriate companies to expand their consumer reach in a targeted way. The DVDs can be used as an educational tool and in displays at trade shows.
The anchor sponsor for the series is the FRENCH Family of Companies. They include FRENCH Funerals-Cremations; FRENCH Advance Planning; Sunset Memorial Park; Best Friends Pet Services; Best Friends Forever Pet Cemetery and Cremation Society of New Mexico (CSNM). FRENCH is the recipient of the National Funeral Directors Association’s 2012 Pursuit of Excellence® Award and a member of Selected Independent Funeral Homes. Their website is www.FrenchFunerals.com.
Other sponsors include (in alphabetical order):
- Compassion and Choices (www.CompassionandChoices.org)
- Funeral Finance LLC (www.MyFuneralFinance.com)
- Funeralwise.com (www.Funeralwise.com)
- Katzman Monument Company (www.KatzmanMonument.com)
- Steven P. Margulin CPA CFP® (www.TrustSteven.com)
- MedCure whole body donation (www.MedCure.org)
- Morris, Hall & Kinghorn estate planning attorneys (www.MorrisTrust.com)
- Passages International (www.PassagesInternational.com)
- Dr. Diane Polasky, Center for Holistic Health (www.EnergyMedicineDoctor.com)
- Shine On Brightly artistic urns and jewelry (www.ShineOnBrightly.com)